Moisturiser is the most crucial part of every girl’s beauty routine. For many women it is the first thing they will do when they wake up and the last thing to remember before bed. Finding the right moisturiser is like finding the right pair of jeans… seemingly impossible but truly satisfying once you’ve found something that suits you perfectly.
It is important to pick the right brand and correct range for your skin type, and to address all your particular concerns. With my team of skincare fans, I analysed and tested a range of products currently on the market to find the best moisturisers. I have selected my top ten outlining their qualities and benefits.
1. Radical Skincare: The most expensive of the selection, this thick and creamy moisturiser is very nourishing and rich. It would be ideal as a winter choice for cold, suffering skin or good as a night cream, enriching the skin overnight. The cream is yellow in colour and has a refreshing citrusy scent. Soon after application the cream felt fully absorbed leaving the skin shine free and soft. £100 for 50 ml
2. L’Oreal Age Perfect Cell Renew: A mid-range product that is ideal for everyday use. A simple light moisturiser with spf 50 sun protection. Initially we found the L’Oreal a little sticky but after a few minutes the brightening effects can be seen. L’Oreal use advance radiance generating care that help stimulate surface skin cell renewal. £19.99 for 50 ml
3. Thalgo Creme D’Eveil: The bright blue attractive Thalgo pot gives a good first impression. This is a lightweight cream with a clean fresh smell. Ideal for wearing underneath makeup, and immediately absorbed into the skin. adding hydration and softness, it felt lovely and would be good for all skin types. Perhaps more of a light spring/summer moisturiser. £34 for 50 ml
4. Murad Hydro Dynamic Ultra Moisture: Note that the Murad moisturiser has no sunscreen, which may be a drawback for some, however I think it is the reason this product looks and feels so comfortable on the face. Very rich and intensely hydrating, a good choice for a night cream. With ingredients including avocado, shea butter, sunflower and fruit oils, this moisturiser enhances the skin’s tone and improves the texture. Leaves skin looking beautiful and youthful. £64 for 50 ml
5. Nurture Protect Moisture Boosting Serum: Serum should be applied before moisturiser to soothe and protect skin. I loved the natural and simple feel of the Nurture range: free from all fragrance and flavouring. Protects skin for even the harshest weather conditions, this hypoallergenic serum is suitable for the most sensitive skin. £9 for 30 ml
6. Nurture Protect Day Cream: This light day cream was slightly sticky initially but was cossetting and nourishing for the skin. The Nurture products contain active ingredients which help regenerate the skin whilst ensuring it stays soft and supple. With the reasonable price tag, the Nurture range is perfect for teenagers and younger buyers looking for a cheap and effective moisturiser range. £8 for 50 ml
7. Dr Perricone – Deep Moisture Therapy: The Dr Perricone products are thick and luxurious and best for older or severely dry skin. Ideal in winter this super rich moisturiser will instantly soften and improve skin quality after only one application. The product looks and smells a little like a cooking ingredient with a buttery texture. The group loved this ultra indulgent product but found the smell a little off-putting. £70 for 59 ml
8. Dr Perricone – Face Finishing Moisturiser: My favourite Dr Perricone product. Versatile and light this moisturiser left my skin silky and smooth. A clean and fresh product suitable all year round to perfect skin tone and quality, with a subtle, barely noticeable fragrance. The Dr Perricone products come in smart minimalist packaging with little plastic scoops for easy application. £54 for 59 ml
9. Vitage Age Defence Skin: The Vitage range comprises advanced antioxidant skincare products helping skin to fight against environmental stresses. This cream provides protection from the sun with SPF 15 and UVA and UVB defence. We found the packaging a little tricky to decipher with an aggressive pump – you need to shake the bottle before use. This thin cream spread evenly and easily over the skin, you only need a little amount for the whole face. £41 for 50 ml
10. Jurlique Improve Radiance: I have to first praise the appealing packaging of the Jurlique moisturiser. In a neat tube this product is great for carrying in your handbag or for travelling. You don’t need to apply much of this enriching cream, a small amount will even out skin tone and soften skin. This moisturiser has a pleasant nostalgic natural smell. Leaves skin protected and hydrated ready for the day ahead. £32 for 40 ml